Sunday, November 13, 2011

Frost Wall

My apologies for the missing week. I spent last weekend studying... and this Saturday filling out tiny scantron bubbles with my trusty #2. At least I have blogging to fall back on if I didn't pass the exams...

At any rate, here's one that seems (almost) seasonally relevant. I wrote this a couple winters ago. I look forward to the winter departure of my syntax this January. New work soon, ideas are churning, but so is my ever hectic schedule.



Frost Wall


bite hard and grind
teeth to taste to touch
to see fall
tipsy toddler
find feet (align with ankles)
over black ice nursery rhyme
catch snow smoke stink
and steam
hand follows wrist
numb
under sleeve
tug down
curl fingers and find
tight 'round cigarette
burned too close
tongue like paste
pressing luck time and into
roof of mouth
eyes dried wide
in white-out fury.

No comments:

Post a Comment